You can be confident your second home or recreation property is safe, secure, maintained, and ready for your return.
We conduct regular checks of the interior and exterior of your home based on a frequency determined by your insurance provider.
Regular Checks include:
- Ensuring windows and doors are secure.
- Ensuring appliances are working (refrigerators/freezers).
- Shutting off water to house and turning back on prior to arrival if requested.
- Checking refrigerator contents for expired and perishable items.
- Ensuring heating and plumbing are functioning including regular flushing.
- Septic and well systems if applicable
- Shutting off electrical or gas to hot water tank and turning back on prior to arrival.
- Replacing smoke and carbon monoxide detector batteries.
- Adjusting temperature after departure or prior to arrival.
- Collecting and forwarding mail and clearing newspapers as necessary.
- Checking for weather damage or gutter blockages on home exterior.
- Checking yard is in need of maintenance.
- Checking vehicles left on site. VHC encourages vehicle owners to use trickle chargers.
- Watering indoor and outdoor plants.
- Providing detailed reports via email after each check.
- Setting up lights and timers if requested
- Providing regular reports via email.
- Minor maintenance
While you are away you can feel confident that your second home or recreation property in the Comox Valley is being regularly monitored and maintained by people who take their work seriously.
Alarm Response Key Holder: Valley Home Check and staff members are not contracted to be on call 24/7 and therefore cannot be held responsible if they are unable to respond to an emergency call out.